Monday 9 November 2009

Recent absence and WUCC 2010!

It's been a couple of weeks since I last posted, mostly due to not being too busy with PhD related stuff. Yes, it seems that the more stuff I have on my plate, the more I find I am able to blog. There were a few days last week when I just didn't need to come in to work which in turn meant I wasn't blogging. It's pretty standard practice though that when there is a lot of important stuff to do I'll happily start at the bottom of the list of priorities and work up. Well, now I have more to do and so you can look forward to more posts from me. It's not like there is a lack of goings on in UK Ultimate. As I've said before there is in fact so much going on it's hard to keep up. London Winter League, Student Indoor Regionals, Training days, teams tryouts, fun festive tournaments and news about WUCC 2010! Hopefully with so much work on now, I'll be able to make time for blogging :).

In this post I'll give an update on WUCC 2010.

WFDF released the official bid distribution for each of the countries entering the 2010 World Ultimate Club Championships in Prague. As expected, the UK received 3 Open, 2 Women, 3 Mixed and 1 Masters place. The teams to fill these spots are based on the 2009 Tour and Nationals results. They are:

Open
1. Clapham
2. Chevron
3. Fire
Women
1. Iceni
2. Leeds

Mixed
1. Jeremy Codhand
2. Brighton
3. BAF

Masters
1. Age Against the Machine

WUCC was originally held every 2 years but is currently held every
4 years. In 1989, the first World Ultimate & Guts Championship
was held in Cologne, Germany. The other cities that hosted this
event are:

1991 Toronto (Canada)
1993 Madison (USA)
1995 Millfield (UK)
1997 Vancouver (Canada)
1999 St. Andrews (Scotland)
2002 Honolulu (USA)
and 2006 Perth (Australia)

With 3 out of the 4 European Champions coming from the UK
heading to Prague next year, the UK can look forward to the
prospect of challenging the Canadian, American and Japanese
teams for medals. More to come on this in the future!

1 comment:

  1. good website, Dave!
    as for info for Worlds next year, Buzz won the japanese Nationals 17-3 against Nomadic Tribe a couple of weeks ago. i guess that both teams will come to Prague. (they also played against U.K teams in Perth, i think.)

    ReplyDelete